man you know what i just realised
cas keeps teaching the winchesters things only to have them be used against him by them in the end
- he teaches dean the banishing sigil in order to help dean, only to have that later used repeatedly on him
- he teaches the winchesters about holy fire so that they know how to contain dangerous angels, only to find himself later caught in a circle
- he gives the winchesters access to angel blades, only to be later stabbed by one
- he showed the winchesters angelproofing sigils to keep them safe, only to have them used to keep him out of their house
- he showed the winchesters powerful enochian sigils that cause him physical pain because he trusted them to help him, only to have them use those symbols almost immediately to hide themselves from him
at what point is he going to sit down and realise that teaching the winchesters how to deal with angels only gets him hurt?
oh right, never. because he doesn’t care if he gets hurt as long as sam and dean are safe.